We wish to bring to the attention of patients and members of the public that six new clinical commissioning policies on the following treatments have been approved by the CCG. These are:
- Policy for the commissioning of arthroscopic shoulder decompression surgery for the management of subacromial pain
- Policy for adult snoring surgery (in the absence of obstructive sleep apnoea)
- Policy for ganglia excision
- Policy for Chalazia removal
- Policy for Dupuytren’s contracture release in adults
- Policy for Haemorrhoid surgery
These clinical policies explain the criteria that must be met in order for these treatments and procedures to be given on the NHS in this area.
The policy on adult snoring surgery (number two above) is an exception. This procedure is not available on the NHS except through an Individual Funding Request submitted by your clinician.
Arrangements are being made with GPs and hospital doctors and consultants for the implementation of these policies. All these policies have been introduced following statutory guidance from NHS England and are to be in place from 1 April 2019.
If you have any questions about whether you are eligible for one of these treatments, you should discuss this with your clinician.