Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has released the below details of concessions available in its car parks.
The Trust appreciates that the cost of parking may cause concern for some patients and visitors. In support of this we offer the following concessions at the discretion of the ward manager:
- A parent/guardian or carer of a child who is an inpatient at the hospital will receive a subsidised parking rate of £3.00 per day for the first 2 weeks (tariff rate £6.00) thereafter free parking.
- One Relative or Carer of a patient who has been in hospital for 2 weeks will be offered free parking.
- Haematology/ Oncology patients who are undergoing regular treatment will receive free parking.
- Relatives/Carers of patients who are at end of life are offered free parking.
The ward manager or nurse in charge should be contacted and will provide an authorised form to the relative/carer or patient to take to the car parking office for issue of a concessionary permit.
- We also have short stay and drop off spaces across the hospital which give free parking for between 15 minutes and one hour.
- Patients who are receiving benefits may be able to reclaim their travel expenses through the NHS Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS). Patients are asked to visit the Ambulance Liaison Desk situated at Outpatients, Women and Children’s Unit or at the Macmillan Unit.