As we reach the first bank holiday with pubs and restaurants open this year it’s a good idea to know which health services are around to help you if you’re feeling worse for wear.
If you’re taking advantage of the bank holiday, then make sure you look after yourself. If you feel unwell then very often you can deal with it yourself with plenty of rest and making sure you stay hydrated. However, if you need more advice then a pharmacy is the best place to go. You should also consider speaking to your pharmacist before the weekend if know you suffer from hay fever as this time of year is when people start to suffer more.
Not all pharmacies will be open this bank holiday Monday but a full list of those that are open are listed below.
You should also remember to order repeat prescriptions in time, so you receive them before the bank holiday and are not without your medication.
As many GPs are closed over the weekend you probably won’t have an appointment arranged but if you do need to speak with a doctor you can call NHS 111.
You should also call NHS 111 if you need any kind of more urgent care. If you think you need to go to one of the urgent treatment centres or even to A&E without calling 999 then you should call 111 or go online to 111.nhs.uk first. Doing so will get you a timeslot to be seen and will mean you can avoid long waits in busy waiting areas. You may even find that it’s not as serious as you thought and could be seen elsewhere much quicker.
Dr Ben Butler-Reid, clinical director for NHS Blackpool and NHS Fylde and Wyre Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), said: “Bank holidays nearly always see an increase in people needing NHS advice on minor ailments or suffering from minor injuries. Luckily there are some pharmacies open that can help.
“I would urge everyone whose condition or injury isn’t life-threatening to please use NHS 111 by phone or online.”
Pharmacies open this bank holiday Monday:
- Lloyds Pharmacy in Sainsburys, Red Bank Road, Bispham, FY2 9HH 10am-4pm.
- Tesco Blackpool, Clifton Retail Park, Clifton Road, Blackpool, FY4 4UJ 9am-6pm.
- Morrisons Supermarket, Amy Johnson Way, Squires Gate Lane, Blackpool, FY4 2AY 9am-6pm
- Boots Lytham, 3 St Annes Road West, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8, 1SB
- Asda Fleetwood, Dock Street, Fleetwood, FY7 6NU 9am-6pm
- Boots Cleveleys, 39 Victoria Road West, Thornton Cleveleys FY5 1BS 10am-4pm
- Boots Pharmacy, 66 Clifton Street, Lytham St Annes FY8 5EW 11am-4pm
- Lloyds Pharmacy in Sainsbury, St Andrews Road North, Lytham St Annes FY8 2DH 10am-4pm
- Morrisons, Amounderness Way, Thornton Cleveleys FY5 3TS 9am-6pm