As of April 2015, NHS Blackpool and NHS Fylde and Wyre CCGs assumed ‘delegated responsibility’ from NHS England for commissioning GP primary care services on the Fylde Coast. This helps the CCGs give patients, communities and clinicians more scope in deciding how local services are developed.
Specifically, the CCGs will carry out the following activities:
- Planning, including needs assessment, of primary (medical) care services in NHS Blackpool and NHS Fylde and Wyre CCGs;
- Undertaking reviews of primary (medical) care services in NHS Blackpool and NHS Fylde and Wyre CCGs;
- Co-ordinating a common approach to the commissioning of primary care services generally;
- Managing the budget for commissioning of primary (medical) care services in NNHS Blackpool and NHS Fylde and Wyre CCGs
NHS England will still carry out functions relating to individual GP performance management (medical performers’ list for GPs, appraisal and revalidation). It will also be responsible for the administration of payments and list management.
Each CCG has established a Primary Care Commissioning Committee, which is a formal subcommittee of its respective Governing Body. Membership includes non-GP members of the Governing Body.
The terms of reference for each Primary Care Commissioning Committee are available to download below:
- Blackpool CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee Terms of Reference (pdf | 0.1 MB)
- Fylde and Wyre CCG Primary Care Commissioning Committee Terms of Reference (pdf | 0.2 MB)
The committees meet regularly in public and papers are published on this website. Members of the public are welcome to attend the committee meetings to observe.