We have been running public drop-in sessions across both CCGs for a number of years. In Fylde and Wyre we called them Listening Cafes and in Blackpool, Your Voice sessions. We have evaluated the effectiveness of the current approach and are proposing to make these sessions much more interactive. Building on a model of citizen participation we would like to commence a pilot implementation for the process in 2020.
CCGs’ communications and engagement strategy objectives
- Build capacity and capability around communications and engagement
- Make sure we are meeting our legal duties
- Champion patient experience and involvement to improve NHS services, influence planning/commissioning decisions and contribute to co-production
- Ensure engagement with seldom heard groups.
Phase 1– a selected group of residents will follow steps 1 – 4 below to identify both the issues and the assets within their community. A list of stakeholder partners for the marketplace event will be identified at this session. It is proposed that this would be held as a full-day session.
- Introductions and mapping of the local area
- What are the key issues are which should be addressed.
- Residents prioritise the solutions and write the recommendations in preparation for the network event
- A plan of network event exhibitors is created.
Phase 2 – The outputs of the insight session (phase 1 above) would be shared with identified stakeholder partners and PCNs and an invitation to a community networking event issued. The community networking event will also be promoted to the wider community.
- Exhibitors and speakers are invited to a network and market place event with individual workshops on the issues identified.
Phase 3 – Community network event. The format for the event will be a market place with stakeholder partners and statutory services exhibiting and gathering insight about their services. In addition, there will be a number of speaker sessions and workshops to gather insight. There will also be an interactive solutions/asset workshop throughout.
- The launch event presents the recommendations to the public sector organisations.
- Solutions focused session.
- Exhibitors are invited to a network and market place event with individual workshops on the issues identified.
- Exhibition area for individuals to speak to services.
A final report will be produced with recommendation and actions.