The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to:
- you’re aged 18 or over
- you’re at high risk from COVID-19 (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- you have a condition that puts you at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- you have a learning disability
- you’re a frontline health or social care worker
- you get a Carer’s Allowance, get support following an assessment by your local authority or your GP record shows you’re a carer
If you’re an eligible unpaid carer but you cannot book an appointment, speak to your GP surgery.
If you’ve been invited to book because you’re turning 18 soon, please book your 1st dose vaccination on or after your 18th birthday.
Booking your 2nd dose
If you have your 1st dose through your GP surgery, you’ll be contacted when it’s time to book your 2nd dose.
If you book online, you’ll need to book appointments for both doses. You can manage your COVID-19 vaccination appointments to view your appointments and rebook if you need to.
Some people at high risk from COVID-19 can get earlier appointments for their 2nd dose (at 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks). Wait to be contacted if you think you’re in this group and you’ve already booked your 2nd dose at 12 weeks.
Find out more about who can get the COVID-19 vaccine.