Organisation: Over Wyre Medical Centre
Department: General practice
Job Type: Fixed term
NHS Jobs Reference: J180-A-21-4012
Closing date: 10/06/2021
Staff group: Additional Clinical Services
Informal enquiries to: John MacPhee
PCN Pharmacy Technician
OVER WYRE MEDICAL CENTRE – NEGOTIABLE HOURS
Job Type: Permanent
Working pattern: Negotiable – 37 Hours
Come and join our friendly team, a wonderful opportunity awaits.
Lancashire Coastal GMS, Semi-rural, Part-dispensing practice for 11,500 patients; with large extended, modern & spacious premises
M6 and Train Station – 30 minutes away
Lake District – 60 minutes’ drive
Excellent local Primary Schools – in catchment area for both Lancaster Grammar Schools
High QOF because of excellent team spirit
Rated “Outstanding” by CQC – CQC rating includes Outstanding for Effective & Well Led and Outstanding in all six of the population groups.
5 weeks holidays
- The post holder will work within their clinical competencies to provide specialist pharmaceutical support to the practice including working with members of the wider healthcare team to improve care and support safe and effective prescribing.
- The postholder will support the implementation and delivery of the Heathy Fylde Coast Contract in matters that relate to prescribing.
- To assist the review and implementation of relevant actions generated by the Eclipse Radar admissions avoidance alerts system.
- The role will have a patient facing element – either face to face or telephone – including supporting chronic disease management, assisting repeat prescription management and supporting structured medication reviews. This will also include assisting in the management and review of patients with polypharmacy.
- The post holder will need to be proactively involved in quality improvement and audit as well as assisting in managing some aspects of the Quality and Outcomes Framework.
- To assist on the implementation of prescribing and medicines optimisation strategies at practice level.
- To support Prescribers to manage prescribing within their allocated budget.
- To work across the CCG and Fylde Coast on joint projects and initiatives as required and promote awareness of medicines management issues.
- To assist appropriate medication review for identified patients, communicating directly with patients as required.
- To work closely with GPs, other practice staff and members of the primary healthcare team in supporting medicines optimisation and application of high quality, safe, cost effective, rational and evidence-based prescribing.
- To analyse ePACT (prescribing) data and other medicines parameters and assist primary care prescribers in interpreting their performance against these indicators.
- To support good communication in order to deliver medicines optimisation and effective transfer of patient medication information on admission and discharge.
- To feedback to the practice and line manager on progress with action plans and outcomes achieved.
- To develop effective networks and working relationships with individual practice GPs, practice staff, social care staff, community pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- To liaise with local community pharmacists to ensure they are aware of practice activities and the work plan.
- To ensure practices comply with medicines legislation.
- To report any incidents and near misses identified, through the appropriate channels according to CCG policy.
- To document all enquiries and action taken.
- To assist the Practice Pharmacist in his role as the Lead for undertaking the DES structured medication reviews. (No stipulation of number of SMRs this year. It is a matter for local negotiation within PCNs. Output is linked to PCN clinical pharmacist capacity).
- To supervise the Prescriptions Clerk who assists the doctors in their efforts to offer an effective and efficient repeat prescription service.
Still interested? E-mail John MacPhee (Practice Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org